July 20, 2017

JUNE, not just another month!


  I had an interesting experience in June. 
Well, I had several but this one stands out as
a rather unique kind of situation. 
I was driving through the Refuge and noticed
the sky was sort of unusual. 
There was a low bank all the way
across the sky in the West. 
It wasn’t time for dusk yet, so obviously
the sun was behind the cloud bank.
 
 
I slowed the van and stopped at the roadside when possible. 
As the evening slowly progressed,
the cloud bank seemed not to move,
but world kept turning and
the sun began to peek through.
 
 
The silhouette of the trees reaching up to welcome
the sun's evening rays framed a beautiful picture.
 
 
The sun found its way from behind the cloud bank
as it prepared to set beyond the horizon.
 
 
 
It was both a sunrise and a sunset. 
So I called it an
UPSIDE DOWN SUN RISE !
 
Doris Grant Frey © June 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment