April 21, 2017

APRIL NATIONAL POETRY MONTH 2017

APRIL is NATIONAL POETRY MONTH
 
 
ISPS Illinois State Poetry Society chose the theme of "Travel" for the Poetry Displays through Illinois libraries.
 
The Southern Chapter of ISPS meets monthly at the Carbondale Public Library.  I attend that chapter and participated in the "Travel" theme.
 
This is my "Travel' poem.
 
 


       THE EXIT SIGN


 
I was barreling down Life’s highway

In the fast lane,

When I saw you,

Standing there under that big 

Green highway sign,
 
“Paradise, this exit.”
 By Doris Ann Grant Frey  © 2017

 
 
 
 
I chose the Alaska photo from Gary's collection
because he was the reason I wrote it!
 
These photos are from the display at the
Carbondale Public Library all of April.
 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
The week of April 16 - 22 is Cowboy Poetry Week,
so I shared my Cowboy poems.
 
 
 
This is my post on the ISPS website for April.
 
AND I actually wrote a new one for April 2017
Poetry Celebration.
 
 
 
 
The Herrin City Library had a project to write a poem using word clips in a cardboard box.  Various words and phrases cut from magazines, paper etc.  So I got brave and pieced together a poem.  Strange for me because I usually 'piece' together some patches of fabric for a quilt.  So we'll see.
 
 
So next came an Haiku effort from a trip to the Crab Orchard Refuge, but it seemed so appropriate to piece it onto a loved happy quilt.  See what you think.
 
 
 
 
And my prayer poem for April:

Prayer for April
Dear Lord,
When I think about your grace,
I must make time to seek your face.
I need the shelter of your love.

And when I feel your warm embrace
And sense the joy in this special place
I know the shelter of your love.
Thank you, Heavenly Father !
 
Doris Frey © 2017

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment